Web blog of popat ghandat

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Akki set to welcome new year


Welcome is my last major comedy of 2007," says Akshay Kumar. After having a successful year with three comedies, Namastey London, Heyy Babyy and Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Akshay is now gearing up for his next release Welcome on December 20.
Welcome, being touted as one of the biggest Id and Christmas release, marks the return of the Akshay-Katrina Kaif pair for a third time, besides assembling the biggest ensemble cast comprising Paresh Rawal, Anil Kapoor, Feroz Khan, Nana Patekar and Mallika Sherawat.
Akshay, who is presently shooting for Singh Is Kingg in Australia laughs and says, "Earlier, everyone said I was synonymous with action. I bagged the khiladi tag. Now, with my last few films being successful comedies, I’ve become synonymous with comedy."
Ask him about his reign at the box office this year and he smiles, "I’m happy that the three comedies I did this year have done well at the box office. Welcome is the king of them all! It’s a laughter riot from the word go and I hope everyone enjoys it during the festive season."
He adds, "Comedy comes as naturally to me as action. I have a variety of films on the anvil next year. I am getting back to action with Chandni Chowk To China and Tashan . But for now, I want everyone to concentrate on Welcome and welcome the new year with a bang."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home